Baby Kimono completed and a LYS coup!
















It's a heavy-duty little wrap, thick and cushy, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it still fits Angelina! I have learned a ton, and when I tackle this pattern again, I will do even better with it.

I think it needs three buttons where the lace edging angles downward, which would remove the need for at least the external set of ties. I could even put a button inside at the bottom to substitute for those ties, a bit bulky.

I got the strap attached to the Deanna purse, and have been trying various other covers for the magnetic closure--still not satisfied with what I've done so far. I'll post a pic when this is all done.

Yesterday I scored a major coup when I found, at the sidewalk sale at one of my LYSes, Inspiration by SWTC for $3/skein. The regular price was $13!!! So needless to say I bought a bunch. No project in mind of course (work backwards, I like the challenge!!). It is almost a DK weight alpaca and soy fiber, and I got it in lavender. Seems like it would make a baby kimono too--I may just do this.

Friends and family need to start having babies so I can knit for everyone!

Happy knitting, all.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The Kimono looks beautiful! I tried to make one last year, but I don't think my knitting skills were where they needed to be at the time. All the increases looked really wonky. You've inspired me to start it again!

And congrats on the amazing deal that you scored!