And here we see DS Kate, recipient of the slightly modified Seafarer's Scarf, which was a joy to knit in Venezia. She seems to like it all right! I tried some Adobe Photoshopping to add tufts of nose hair, warts, and fangs, but I guess I need more practice with that software, as it didn't come out nearly as gruesome as I was trying for! (jk, Dearie, everyone knows you're the handsomer 8^).
My modification of the pattern involved doing a bit more than a simple garter stitch for the long panels (the middle around the neck is 4x4 ribbing, quite sensible for a scarf!). I did the *knit a row, K1P1 for the second row* pattern (which needs a name RIGHT NOW)!