Why It Is Good to be a Mother

While DD1 finishes finals in New Haven, I assume that she will mention Mother's Day when she returns this Wednesday. :^) Even if not, she has both called and written me lately with the sorts of conversations and topics that warm a mother's heart.

DD2 is out right now and may well have finished her Mother's Day paeans with a simple greeting of the day. That is her style, but she is no less a sweet and loving daughter.

DD3 awoke me with breakfast in bed, vegan pancakes and a latte made with the espresso machine we almost never use. :^) And she stayed to eat breakfast with me while I lounged in bed. She gave me this for a giftie:


I think she knows her mama! She gave it with one limitation: I must make something for myself. Hmm. I'll think on it.

Hope this day is a good one for you, either as you honor your mother, or you are honored, or both!

1 comment:

Sue H said...

Glad you had a nice brekky in bed, and I love that yarn.
For me? #1 son said good morning, then went back to concentrating on the computer (he's the only one who lives at home) after saying his neck was too sore to come to breakfast with us. #2 & 4 sons, along with one of my foster sons, came to breakfast. #3 son was unfortunately tied up that day, so we had dinner at his house the night before. #1 son then joined us in cheering on our football team to a great win. All in all, a great day.