On the needles


I haven't been neglecting my knitting! Just my blog. DH has the camera on a trip to WA state, so I am awaiting backup or his return for photos of my recently finished striped felted tote. It wasn't a TOTE-al failure, yuk yuk, but it didn't satisfy me at all. Then Pippi pulled it off the door knob where I had hung it, chewed on the tasty wool handle a bit, and lay down on the tote to take a nap. So I may cut it apart and make it a kitty bed. It was supposed to be my "fruit salad" bag, but I can't find good colors the likes of which I see in my mind's eye, and so it really disappointed me. Now I have to post pics since everyone will be wondering just how hideous it can be!

Also knitting . . .

A striped stocking cap for my little friend Max, a kindergartner who ran across the idea of sleeping in a cap in one of his storybooks. His mama mentioned it to me and voila, a new project. I'm winging it (bravely) on the pattern, but so far so good. I'm using orange and turquoise Microspun, which I hate because it splits, but it's just right for a little sleeper, not itchy and not too thick.

A hat in Rumors (I know I said only last month that I'd never knit with it again, but the colorway was too compelling--stained glass-like).

The cable scarf that sits languishing since early August. I just came to hate it and don't know when I'll have the character to finish what I started.

Just off the needles, the lovely "scarf" above, done in Skacel Riviera Multi (not a fuzzy type scarf, more an embellishment to a spiffy outfit). I did it on bigger needles and made it just 2-1/2 inches wide, so it will be accentish. The fiber is cotton, linen, and rayon, so it has a great sheen and texture. It's also a great group of colors--Navy, yellow into light green, and green. I'm really happy with it and am back in my "scarfing" mode, where I anonymously gift my coworkers. I have a few new ones this year, so I'm off and running! (Thanks, Sophi, for helping me with the photo!)

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the cool felted bowl that you made from "One Skein" for me! (I don't believe the bowl is what was left once the cat got ahold of the felted bag!)
Signed, your lucky One Skein Secret Pal, aka Elizabeth