Angelina's blanket and Katrina back panel DONE!


The back panel of the Katrina tank is officially done! You may note that it is two slightly different shades--that would be one of those beginner mistakes.

I desperately sought and located some extra Katrina in this color, and the kind woman who had already balled it up sent them to me (for cash, of course) and I immediately commenced with her stuff when I ran out of the first skein, conveniently just after the middle row of lace. So the top is a bit more "glacier" than the bottom.

Fortunately, I can start at the bottom on the front panel the same way, with my skein, and switch to her yarn for the top portion, and end up with a slightly two-toned front as well. Somehow I just can't imagine it will turn out BAD. I'll just do what people always say you should do, call it a design element.

And here are two views of the blanket for Angelina (due 4/2/07) that I finally sewed together this weekend: knitted on one side and ivory polar fleece on the other; add a satin edge and it looks like it would keep a baby PRET-ty warm.

2 comments:

Sue H said...

That jumper will turn out fine with the two tones. As you say, you can say it was intentional, and no-one but us will know the difference.
The blanket is great. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacie

the tank looks great with the two tones as if it's suppose to be that way. Can't wait to see it completed :-)